Richmond Corporate Games 2015 Will Be a Blast from the Past For Its 30th Anniversary; Sept. 11-12
The Innsbrook Foundation is excited to be announcing the 30th season of the Richmond Corporate Games!
In order to honor this special milestone, we are celebrating with an 80s theme! Fashion your team in classic 80s style from head to toe and experience competition new and old with some great throwback games.
Volunteers are needed!
– Help Friday night at the popular canoe race from 5-7:30pm or Saturday as a line, judge, timer, or setup crew from 9am-12:30pm or 12:30pm-4pm.
– All volunteers receive a t-shirt, beverage ticket, and lunch Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with interest.
Richmond Corporate Games
The Games are one of the most popular events held in Innsbrook each year. 25+ teams pitch their tents and surround the Dominion Soccer Fields as athletes compete in a wild assortment of competitions to be the first place finishers and carry the trophy of the Richmond Corporate Games.
The Games are available to all interested. Companies from around Richmond, big or small, and people of all athletic ability, are encouraged to form a team and join the fun.
Once your team has completed the registration form, your company will receive an invoice e-mailed to the team captain. Each team captain or a team member are expected to attend the three captains meetings preceding the games. All dates are liable to change before the release of the 2015 Rules Booklet on July 15th.
Meeting 1: Tuesday, June 30th – Introduction of the Games to interested groups as well as sharing of new developments for RCG 2015.
Meeting 2: Tuesday, August 25th – Extended meeting thoroughly reviewing each game and rule (mandatory).
Meeting 3: Friday, September 4th – Packet/ T-shirt pickup and Waiver Form
Sample 2014 Rules Booklet
Registration Fee includes:
– Rules Package/ General Information Booklet
– T-shirts for all team members
– Benefit to a local charity
– Social following Canoe Races
– Post-game party on the field – pizza and beverages
– A plaque with a photo and event standings for each team
Once signed up, know:
– Dates: September 11th-12th. There are A and B Leagues to keep the competitions quick and fair for all competing
– All team members must be current full-time employees of the corporation or a spouse/ significant other of a full-time employee
– Teams must be a minimum of 14 players and a max of 20. There must be at least seven women and no more than ten men on a team.
If this is your company’s first time competing, mentors from veteran teams are available to help with preparation for the Games. If interested in having a mentor for your team, please contact Matthew Turner with the Innsbrook Foundation. Phone: 804-217-8804. Email: email@example.com
A special thanks to our annual beneficiary, Special Olympics, as they help with organizing the events and providing volunteers to make this event run as smooth and fun as possible. Please remember this is a charitable event and fundraising is a major aspect of the Richmond Corporate Games.
Visit Special Olympics’ website to learn more of their role in the Richmond community and the world.