- This event has passed.
Innsbrook’s Biggest Loser
January 10 - March 7
Become A Biggest Loser For A Healthier You! Inaugural Weigh-In Kicked Off Tuesday, January 10, 2017
Presented by: Le Blue Bottled Water
THE 31ST YEAR OF INNSBROOK’S BIGGEST LOSER HAS BEGUN!
Innsbrook’s Biggest Loser event kicked off Tuesday, January 10. This year, over 100 people are signed up for the challenge of shedding those extra pounds. Stay tuned to Innsbrook.com to see if this year’s participants will beat the 1,055 total pounds lost in 2016. A big round of applause to all of the competitors putting their weight on the line in this event’s 31st year.
People will be making lifestyle changes with friends and coworkers and earning points as they work towards their health goals! Innsbrook’s Biggest Loser is Innsbrook’s signature weight-loss event that builds camaraderie as teams of five work together through a friendly eight-week competition to get healthy and stay healthy for life. Whether you are trying to lose five pounds or fifty pounds, this program is about your success and meeting your goal!
INFORMATION FOR THE COMPETITION:
– Five Members per team
– Each team must have a minimum of two female participants
– Individual Participation: You may sign up to compete individually or request to be grouped with a team (if space is available)
– Work together as a team to healthfully lose weight over this 8-week competition
– Begin with an initial weigh-in, waist measurement, and accomplish your goals
– Weigh in each week to monitor your weight loss
– Lose weight and score points during the competition to increase your chances of being the 2017 Innsbrook’s Biggest Loser
– Individual and Team weight loss (in pounds) are converted to percentage weight loss to determine weekly and overall winners.
– Receive weekly newsletters sharing weight loss winners of the week, health tips, and team standings
– Enjoy local gym offerings from our partners: American Family Fitness – Short Pump, and SEAL Team Physical Training
– Winning team will win a cash prize along with individual winners winning a prize pack
– Waistline Reduction Champion – Teams and individuals with the highest number of inches lost off their waistline
– Tuesday, January 10th – March 7th 2017
– Weigh-ins will be every Tuesday during the 8-week competition
– 10, Jan. 17, Jan. 24, Jan. 31, Feb. 7, Feb. 14, Feb. 21, Feb. 28, March 7
American Family Fitness: 7:30am-9am and 5pm-7pm
Innsbrook Foundation: 11:30am-1pm
Shady Grove Family YMCA: 11:30am-1pm
Where (Weigh-in sites):
– Shady Grove Family YMCA – 11255 Nuckols Rd., Glen Allen, VA 23059
– Innsbrook Foundation Office – 4600 Cox Rd. Suite 109 Glen Allen, VA 23060
– American Family Fitness – 11760 W. Broad St., Richmond, VA 23233
– The IBL team (and individual) champion will be determined based on two criteria
1) The team (individual) with the most points earned between Jan.10th-March 7th
2) All team members and individual competitors must meet mandatory weight loss goals (see Weight-loss goal chart)
– 1st, 2nd, 3rd place teams will be awarded a cash prize and prize pack
– Top 3 competitors with the greatest waistline reduction will be awarded a prize pack (this is a separate category and will not determine overall winners)
* If a tie occurs, the tie-breaker will be the team that has lost the highest percentage of their
* IBL has been created to encourage friends and co-workers to work as a team, promote healthy weight-loss, and provide education for a healthy lifestyle. Champions are not decided on weight-loss alone to deter crash dieting.
– Weight Loss
1) Each team member or individual competitor will earn a point for any weight loss experienced from their previous weigh-in = 5 point max per team
2) a minimum of .1 lbs must be lost to earn a point for weight-loss
3) No points will be awarded to a person who has gained or maintained their weight
1) Any teammate who attends a scheduled weigh-in (all team members do not have to weigh in at the same location) = 1 point per team member; 5 point max per team
2) If a team member is unable to make the weigh-in at the designated day and times, that team member may schedule (ahead of time) to weigh in at the Innsbrook Foundation office between 11:30am-1pm on the Friday preceding the next weigh-in. The weigh-in percentage and points will count for the following week. OR they may submit a “selfie” showing the competitor on a scale with the weight visible
– NOTE: If a teammate misses a weigh-in due to unavoidable circumstances, the Innsbrook Foundation will assess the situation and determine if a “make-up” weigh-in may be issued
– Wellness Forums and “You and Improved”
– A teammate successfully attending a Forum/ You and Improved = 1 point per team member; 5 point max per team
– ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST ATTEND FOR A MINIMUM 30 MINUTES
– If a team member is unable to attend a wellness forum or You and Improved they may earn 1 point by reading a designated article and submit a short quiz on the article
– The article and quiz will be posted on this web page the week of a forum and may be submitted to email@example.com with “IBL Quiz” in the subject line
The 2017 IBL winners will be announced:
Thursday, March 9, 2017
Speaker: Mary Baker, Bon Secours
Address: 4501 Highwoods Pkwy, Carpenter A & B
Time: 12pm – 1pm
* If a tie occurs, the tie will be determined by the team with greatest percentage of weight loss.
Each week we will award the team (and individual competitor) a weekly prize for the highest percentage of body-weight lost for that week. (No points will be awarded for the weekly winner)
Waistline Reduction Winners:
Competitor with the greatest amount of inches lost from their waistline
* To be eligible:
– One must have their waist measured at the first weigh-in Jan.10th and measured at the final weigh-in on March 7th
– All team competitors and individual competitors are eligible. The prize will go to the top individual in the entire competition.
Weight Loss Goals:
|Initial Weigh-In||Weight Loss Minimum|
Thank you to our Fitness Partners