Thank You To All Who Helped Make Virginia’s Best Food, Beer & Wine Festival: Taste Of Virginia (TOVA) A Success!
Location: 4901 Lake Brook Dr, Glen Allen, VA 23060
TOVA: One Of Innsbrook’s Largest Family-Friendly Signature Events, Presented By Capital Ale House, Benefiting MS, with a Culinary Competition sponsored by Whole Foods Market, Complete With A Grand Finale Of Fireworks!
This year’s event was an even better one-of-a-kind food festival, showcasing delicious dishes from local restaurants, each competing for the honorary “Taste of Virginia” title. The Innsbrook Foundation and the Rotary Club of Innsbrook worked hard to create an event that featured everything you love! The best food, wine, and craft beer was paired with fun KidsZone activities, live music from the best bands Virginia has to offer and a spectacular fireworks finale that wowed the crowd! Special thanks to our friends and neighbors who attended this year’s TOVA2017 and showed us your support. Also, a huge THANK YOU to our sponsors and restaurant vendor-sponsors who participated in this year’s family-friendly event, celebrating all things Virginia with proceeds benefiting National Multiple Sclerosis Society.
People’s Choice Competition
The competition heated up (quite literally) at this year’s event as local restaurants went head-to-head for the title of “Taste Of Virginia,” as well as “Best Presentation,” “Virginia’s Sweetest,” and “Le Chic Suite.” We appreciate all who participated in the event and a special thank you to everyone who cast their vote on the Innsbrook Facebook page for their favorite restaurant! Drum roll please……and the winner of the “People’s Choice” award is the Richmond Marriott Short Pump, right here in Innsbrook! We would like to also congratulate TOVA newcomer, Elephant Thai, for coming in second place in this category. Judging for the restaurants to be named the “Taste of Virginia” took place before the event – Judges included: Matt Simmons of Capital Ale House, Whole Foods Market Chef Adrian Chapman, Henry Salmo, Food and Beverage Director from the Hilton Garden Inn and Food Blogger, Nick Lattanzio. The top prize was a $2,500 Advertising package from Summit Media.
Congratulations To This Year’s Winners:
– Taste of Virginia – Nacho Mama’s – Best Presentation – River City Chocolate – Virginia’s Sweetest – River City Chocolate – Le Chic Suite – Richmond Marriott Short Pump – People’s Choice – Richmond Marriott Short Pump Innsbrook’s Taste of Virginia is about more than just incredible food. There was plenty to stick around for, including 20+ Virginia craft beers from some of the best local breweries, including Ardent, Hardywood, Bold Rock, COTU and much more! There was also a delicious wine selection. In addition, new this year – “MamaRitas” by RVA’s margarita gurus from Nacho Mamas – included a signature “TOVArita” which was blue with a tropical flavor.
Family-Friendly Event Activities Included:
- Live local bands: -Whiskey Rebellion -Soul Expressions -The Silver Bullets
- Artisan market to explore the variety of craft vendors and local businesses
- KidZone activities, moon bounces, and corn hole!
This year’s event gave the option to “be the VIP that you are at Taste of Virginia!” VIP tickets were available as we “catered” to you and your crew. Options Included:
SkyBox: (10 foot rise, front and center – some seating available)
- -Skybox, sponsored by RTS Labs, LLC – fresh and delicious cuisine catered by TWO KINGS CONCESSIONS & CATERING plus, enjoy Virginia’s best craft beer and wine (included); private portable restroom
VIP Experience: (fenced in, elegantly appointed, grass underfoot – bring your chair or get there early for limited seating)
-VIP Experience, Sponsored by Highwoods Properties with VIP Hospitality, sponsored by Colliers International and Chesapeake Bank – fresh & delicious cuisine catered by WHOLE FOOD MARKET plus, enjoy Virginia’s best craft beer and wine (included); private portable restroom
- -Party the night away in our Brown’s Distributing PARTY PORCH– buy your PARTY PORCH UPGRADE now or at the event – avoid long beverage lines and enjoy the private portable restroom; cash bar.
- -Right is the place to be as you relax in the CHALET sponsored by Richmond Marriott Short Pump – buy your CHALET UPGRADE now or at the event – avoid long beverage lines and enjoy the private portable restroom; cash bar.
VIP’s saw all the action from the very best seats!
Your VIP table is waiting!
TOVA Supports The National Multiple Sclerosis Society
Not only does Innsbrook Taste of Virginia provide delectable food for you and your family, this event helps support the National Multiple Sclerosis Society. Multiple Sclerosis (MS) is an unpredictable, often disabling disease of the central nervous system that disrupts the flow of information within the brain, and between the brain and body. The National MS Society’s mission is: People affected by MS can live their best lives as we stop MS in its tracks, restore what has been lost and end MS forever. Bring your friends and family to support this important cause! In 2016, a total of $15,908.00 was raised at the event to donate to Feedmore which will provide approximately 79,540 meals for children, families, and seniors who are hungry. We could not have done it without the generous support of over 6,000 people in attendance! We would also like to thank all of the sponsors who made this event possible! Thank you to everyone who came out and supported Innsbrook’s first Taste of Virginia 2016.